Hope Valley Saddlery are committed to complying with the Data Protection Act 1998 and have published this guide to help you understand how and why Hope Valley collect information from you, to whom such information is disclosed and what your rights are. If we make changes to this Policy we will notify you by updating this statement on our website. You can access our Website home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal data. However, when you place an order, you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself.
What information do we collect and how do we obtain it?
We receive information directly from you when you register place an order on our website, or if you register for our E-Mail Newsletter. Upon placing an order, you are asked to provide certain essential information such as your name, address, details of your credit/debit card (only if you are paying by credit card), telephone number and email address so that we can process and fulfil your order, notify you of your order status and inform you of special offers and promotions.
How do we use your information?
We use the information that we collect about you to:
- Process your orders
- Administer this website
- Monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the design and layout of the site
- Notify you about enhancement to our services, such as changes to the website, new services and special offers that may be of interest. We may contact you by e-mail or telephone
Are calls recorded?
Yes all calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Is my Data Passed or Sold into 3rd Parties?
Hope Valley Saddlery will never pass on any information held about you for the purposes above to any third parties without your consent. In addition to this, we operate a robust series of internal policies and procedures to protect your personal information - so you can Shop with us in confidence.
Can I remove myself from your Databases?
If you want to be removed from any our databases, you can notify us of this by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your PC, phone or other web enabled device when you visit the Hope Valley Website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
Cookies are an essential part of how our site works. Some of these cookies are required by our site to enable you to transact.
By using our site, you also consent to the use of these cookies. Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
- To allow you to securely sign in to your account, so that you can use "My Account" features
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order
- To record the areas of the website that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. Hope Valley uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- To distribute visitors to our site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed
Are Cookies Safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. They do not contain any information which could personally identify you and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org
Can I turn off cookies?
To withdraw your consent, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer's hard drive. For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar.
Hope Valley Saddlery take on-line security very seriously.
How do we protect your information?
We use a server certificate (also known as a digital certificate) to assure you of our identity and secure sockets layer (SSL) to encrypt data transmissions. If you want to check our certificate/security you can do so using one of the following methods.
From your browser when you are within www.hopevalleysaddlery.co.uk -
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 or later - click on the gold padlock at the bottom right of your browser to bring up the details of this site's Digital ID.
- Mozilla Firefox - click on the yellow padlock at the bottom left of your browser to bring up the security information.
- Opera - click on the padlock within the address bar of your browser to bring up the security information.
The security measures described above ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to protect your personal information. However, the nature of the Internet means that an absolute guarantee of security cannot be offered, and you should be aware that there may be a small security risk in exceptional circumstances when disclosing information online.